Daniel is a resourceful and analytically minded professional seeking to uncover innovative solutions that drive financial and operational improvement. He has a variety of experiences in different industries ranging from corporate finance, investment banking, and start-up accounting. Daniel graduated, with High Honors, from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign with a B.S. in Accountancy and Finance.
- Built and implemented an inventory optimization model for 10,000+ SKUs that led to a substantial working capital and warehouse facility reduction that resulted in $6 million of annual cost savings
- Created and integrated an FP&A model for a large US-based paper company; the bottoms-up forecast bridged organizational reporting gaps and provided various inputs and KPIs to several teams encompassing Corporate FP&A, Supply Chain, and Operations Planning
- Actively managed and provided financial oversight for a $40 million asset portfolio at an Indianapolis-based trucking company
- Assisted in the development of a pitch book and operating model that had a sensitized discounted cash flow (DCF), precedent transactions, and public comps for a business that resulted in a sell-side opportunity of $52 million
- Acted as CFO for a small start-up with yearly revenues of ~$300K; responsibilities include strategic planning, financial reporting, bookkeeping, budgeting, overseeing pricing, and ensuring tax compliance
- Performed financial and operational pre-acquisition due diligence for a middle-market private equity firm that discovered an unrealized $2 million financial pitfall
Daniel works extremely well in situations with no clear solutions or silver bullets. He drives change through inventive ideas supported by facts and data.