Steve is an experienced executive and consultant who focuses on business performance improvement. He has over 25 years of both industry and consulting experience supporting companies with their transformational efforts leveraging his knowledge of supply chain, operations, manufacturing, procurement, program management and strategy. Steve has led numerous Lean implementation projects, PMO teams, operations strategy, and strategic sourcing projects. Steve is a hands-on partner with clients, helping them execute more quickly and developing new skills in the organization.
Select experiences from his career include:
- Interim VP Procurement for $4B electronics equipment manufacturer with $800M in direct spend. Hit savings targets for the first time in 3 years with savings 40% above targets. Collaborated with IT and Finance to track part savings to the P&L statement.
- Achieved up to 20% reduction in COGS through strategic sourcing for clients in multiple industries
- Develop a manufacturing strategy and footprint by evaluating processes and capabilities in each facility to determine logical manufacturing units to drive unbiased decision making. The new footprint and strategy generated $10M in annual savings.
- Led post merger integration and execution of the value creation plan for private equity portfolio companies in industrial equipment and automotive aftermarket
- Led a $1B division of a Tier 1 automotive supplier. Organically grew revenue and turned around negative margins to industry average.
Steve has a BSE in Engineering Science (applied mathematics) and MSE in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan and an MBA in Operations from MIT Sloan. Steve is a Board member at the Detroit Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth and is on the Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee as well as the Programs Committee.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyMBA
University of MichiganMSE
University of MichiganBSE