With nearly 30 years of industry and consulting experience in Operational Excellence, Plant Management, Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement, Finance and Project Management, Susan is highly analytical and skilled at developing and leading cross‐functional teams to execute programs that drive business success. She holds an MBA in International Finance from the
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Phoenix, Arizona, an MBA in International Marketing from ESADE Business School, Barcelona, Spain, and a BA with honors in Spanish Literature
and Philology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Select experiences include:
• Responsible for Die Build operations at the largest Automotive Tooling Provider in North America as Assistant Plant Manager. Also tasked with all Continuous Improvement activities to
increase revenue, operational efficiency, customer satisfaction and employee retention. Established and trained teams, created data collection methods, KPIs and SOPs by functional
area, increasing productivity by 10%.
• As Operational Excellence Manager, was responsible for the Corporate‐Wide dissemination of an employee‐centric Pillar‐based Lean Manufacturing Culture across multiple countries at
several Tier 1 Automotive suppliers. Established the methodology to identify and prioritize plant losses, trained employees in problem solving and root cause analysis and developed
model areas for rolling out key improvements plant‐wide. Achieved cost reductions of up to 130% of target.
• Sourced over 60 product types and reduced material cost by an average of 20% across all products as Project Management Lead for the Low‐Cost Country Sourcing Program at Chrysler‐
• As Global Sales & Marketing Manager, directed all aspects of new Product Development, from business case to product launch, for a $350 million Global Parts Portfolio of Electronics,
Electrical, HVAC, Steering & Suspension and CV Axle parts at Chrysler‐Mopar. Met or exceeded all sales targets.
• Developed and launched the Dealer Quality Program for Chrysler Mexico as DaimlerChrysler Academy and Five Star Manager, creating a standardized and culturally appropriate dealer
operations playbook. Improved Sales & Service Satisfaction and Fixed First Visit rates by 5% YOY.
• Managed the financial risk of a $516 million Wholesale Finance Portfolio as Audit Operations Manager of DaimlerChrysler Services in Mexico. Implemented corrective action plans for
Dealers delinquent on payments and administered penalties to Dealers for non‐compliance.
• Responsible for $60 million in revenue as Controller / Treasurer of DaimlerChrysler Services in Mexico, managing debt with banking institutions and administering Dealer credit lines.
Coordinated the harmonization of processes, systems and personnel during the merger of Chrysler Financial and Mercedes‐Benz Leasing Mexico following Daimler’s merger with
Chrysler. Booked a $2 million cost reduction by implementing the Mexico Post‐Merger Implementation Plan.
• As European Liaison of Long‐Term Strategy, developed a 5‐year Vehicle / Engine plan for Chrysler Europe working with the Domestic and International Product Planning and Engineering
groups. Established an effective set of Business Measures for improving long‐term productivity, efficiency and revenue contribution to the Corporation and identified and secured $110
million in yearly cost savings in the International Order‐to‐Delivery process.
Susan possesses a keen Continuous Improvement mindset and has led numerous Lean implementation programs, PMO teams, strategic sourcing activities and corporate strategy projects.
She spent 10 years living and working abroad in Europe, Asia and Latin America and has strong foreign language skills.