The Bellwether District
- Hilco Redevelopment Partners (HRP) purchased the 1300-acre former Philadelphia Energy Solutions (PES) Refinery in South Philadelphia, strategically located in close proximity to the Philadelphia International Airport, University City and the Port of Philadelphia.
- Upon acquisition, HRP decommissioned the refinery, resulting in a 16% decrease in carbon emissions in the city.
- HRP embarked on plans to build a world-class logistics and innovation hub, leveraging a holistic approach to redevelopment that prioritizes economic, environmental, and community sustainability.
- In 2021, HRP unveiled a new brand for the property: The Bellwether District, honoring Philadelphia’s historic role as a bellwether city while building an economic engine to fuel the future.
- When completed, the project will deliver 19,000 direct jobs. HRP is committed to working with workforce and community partners to build a diverse talent pipeline, ensuring the local community is equipped to fill these jobs.
Let’s connect and work together
If your business or a business in your portfolio is facing a current challenge, our team can provide a qualified perspective and experience-based guidance toward an optimized resolution.Contact us