David Dye is Managing Director at Hilco Performance Solutions. He leverages more than 30 years of experience in business transformation and change management to identify opportunities and deliver profitability improvement for clients. David has held leadership positions across numerous disciplines in both functional and operational roles. His lengthy career, much of which has been spent in the energy industry and rotating equipment manufacturing, has included a wide range of experience including wholesale distribution, manufacturing, and convenience retailing.
Select experience includes:
- Directed a $60M program management office (PMO) to implement strategies that maximized gross margin performance across sales, commercial optimization, supply, and trading functions.
- Completed five business unit performance improvement assessments using private equity, Six Sigma / Lean, and financial assessment tools to identify opportunities, resulting in $350-$630M in cost savings.
- Established a central pricing office and revamped the annual price adjustment process, which resulted in the highest price increase and capture rate in recent years. Improved execution, stakeholder engagement, and performance management.
- Spearheaded a project to capture $100M per annum in procurement savings by leveraging central sourcing, rebalancing resources around key commodities, and clarifying local versus central accountabilities.
- Organized a six-month manufacturing project to redeploy 1,200 FTEs across eight operating areas, resulting in the safe startup of a $4B+ investment and securing $1B in cash flow per annum.
- Achieved $80-100MM in marketing, sales, and logistics procurement savings by changing reporting relationships and mix of 60 U.S. FTEs, closing capability gaps, and aligning resources to strategic priorities.
Specific areas of expertise include sales operations, planning and finance, business development, supply chain, IT and large-scale business transformation. David has worked in numerous functions and industries and has certifications in project management (PMP), pricing (CPP), and Six Sigma.
The Middle Market Business Transformation Experts